Plan to Reopen:
As you probably know, both our President and our Governor have issued proclamations to begin to reopen our country and our state. Those orders took effect on Friday, May 1st and will be rolled out over the next weeks and months to try to get America reopened and thriving once again.
What does that look like for the Church and specifically for SBCC?
In the most general sense – churches have been given the green light to meet again with certain “advisements”. The 25% capacity does not apply to churches so long as they can meet the social distancing requirements.
Here is our plan to move forward:
- We will open for public services again on Sunday, May 17th – we will continue to offer a Facebook Live stream from here on out.
- If we see there are more than can be ministered in one service, we will consider a two-service schedule with service times at 9 & 11.
- For at least the first two services, we will not offer children’s ministry – these will be family services. A family room will be available in case your children need a place to expend their energy.
- We are recommending those 65+ or those who are especially susceptible to the virus continue to watch online from the safety of their homes.
- We will be removing rows to increase distancing, asking families to sit together in family units with at least 2 chairs between others not from their family unit.
- We will continue to sanitize the building thoroughly before and after each service.
- Our greeters will practice a touch-free but friendly greeting.
- We will not have fellowship time and will discourage handshaking, hugging and ask everyone to respect each other’s space.
- We will still have the “Little Church House” to drop your offering in, if you are not utilizing online giving.
- We will have hand sanitizing stations spread throughout the building and will encourage frequent use.
- We will not be providing or requiring facemasks at this time but you are more than welcome to wear one.
- We will pray over & bless everyone each service – standing on God’s precious promises to protect all who attend.
As the governor rolls out Phase two – later this month, we will adjust & add activities as the Lord leads.
What about this summer? What will SBCC look like moving forward? That’s a great question, but to be perfectly honest, we just don’t have the answer for you at this time. Here is what we do know:
Wednesday/Thursday night meetings. We will continue with the Zoom gatherings through the end of May and will wait for Phase 2 from Governor Abbot on May 18th to decide about midweek throughout the summer.
Playdays are still on our schedule and we are prayerfully hoping to be able to have them starting next month.
Continue to PRAY: Please continue praying for our church and all of our church family as we all adjust and transition into the next stage of this life in the kingdom that we all share.
Know that I love you and I can’t wait to gather with you again.
Hope to see you on May 17!
Salt Branch Cowboy Church